Friday, November 1, 2013

5th Annual Picture Book Idea Month



So November is an important month of picture book writers. Why? Because we have the opportunity to participate in PiBoIdMo which is short for Picture Book Idea Month. That's right, picture book ideas have their own month! During the month of November participants vow to come up with at least one new picture book idea each day for an entire month. No excuses. No complaining. And yes, Thanksgiving Day is included.

I've decided I'm going to be ambitious this year since at the current time I'm a full-time writer which I was never able to say before. Therefore, I should have more time to write, right? So, in addition to coming up with at least one idea a day, at the end of each week I'm going to look over my new ideas and choose at least one and work on making it more than just an idea. Not all ideas are good and not all ideas are worthy of a great picture book so this is going to help me weed out some of the not-so-great ideas and focus on the ones with more potential.

Although PiBoIdMo officially kicks off today, it's not too late to register for PiBoIdMo 2013. You have until November 8th. There are inspiring guest blog posts every day and great prizes for those who successfully complete the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment