Monday, November 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Place Cards Using Riddles


http://www.amazon.com/Corny-Thanksgiving-Jokes-Tickle-Funnier/dp/0766041204/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383578018&sr=8-1&keywords=corny+thanksgiving+day+jokesTeachers and librarians have been commenting that they enjoy learning new ways to use my joke books in their classrooms. I've even showed them  how they can be used with the Common Core State Standards and ways to group them with other fiction and nonfiction books. Now I'm also including this fun craft for Thanksgiving. I've taken a riddle from my Corny Thanksgiving Jokes to Tickle Your Funny Bone book and created a Thanksgiving place card using my computer, card stock, colored paper, and glue. Wouldn't these be fun and look festive around the Thanksgiving table? Guests can take turns reading their riddle and having everyone try to guess the answer which is revealed inside the place card.


Glue or write a Thanksgiving riddle on the outside of the place card.
The answer to the riddle is glued or written on the inside of the place card.


No comments:

Post a Comment