Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Creating Fictional Animals



Kids love reading about animals!
They also enjoy writing about them. What I love about this writing exercise that one school used in conjunction with my Creature Features series, is that they as used nonfiction books as inspiration for creating fictional animals. And I always like when student's are given the opportunity to illustrate as well. 




There were MANY great original animals but I've chosen two of my favorites to share.

Directions: 
Draw a picture of a new type of animal. This animal should be a combination of two existing animals. On the lines below, tell what this new animal is called, and describe the features. You can tell about how these features help the animal function.










Linda Bozzo has published more than 50 nonfiction books for the school and library markets. For more information about Linda and her books, you can visit her website.


Copyright 2017 Linda Bozzo




No comments:

Post a Comment