Tuesday, April 14, 2015

L = List


A to Z Blog Challenge: Day Twelve

Linda's LISTS



Using a list is how I survive. I separate my personal tasks from my author tasks writing them on the same piece of paper. I keep my book idea list on my computer. These ideas often start on a piece of paper prior to getting added to my computer. I love to cross things off my list and I get great joy in throwing away all the scraps of paper of notes that I've added to my main list.
I add to my main list throughout the day but before I go to bed I make a list of the things I HAVE to do the following day. This is the only way I have any chance of getting any sleep! Things on my author list this week include logging mileage and income for recent author visits, writing thank you notes, critiques, pick up books on hold at the library, type out mentor texts, and wash my book dress!

 

I also have a book journal where I list all the books I want to read. I go through this list about every two weeks and place holds for whichever books I can get from the library. It's small enough to stick into my purse when I'm heading to bookstore.


My lists are definitely reminders to myself but many times they're just a way to get thoughts out of my head. I feel like if I put them down on paper I can release them from my brain. Then when I wake up in the morning I feel like I already have a plan and can dive right into my day.

************

Linda Bozzo has published more than 50 nonfiction books for the school and library market. For more information about Linda and her books, you can visit her website.

 
 Copyright 2015 Linda Bozzo 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment