Monday, April 20, 2015

P = Persevere

A to Z Blog Challenge: Day Sixteen
PERSEVERE

Persevere . . . persist . . . you choose. But I can assure you, if want to be published these two verbs must be in your vocabulary. I've also often referred to it as being stubborn, but that sounds so negative.Those who don't have the ability to persist or persevere will likely give up writing long before they are published. There have been many times in my life when my perseverance and persistence has gotten me into trouble. More times than I care to count. It wasn't until I began writing that I realized to persevere and to persist were essential if I was ever going to become a successful published writer.
I think the best way to teach someone how to persevere or persist is show them by example. Believe me there are those times when you want to just give up, throw in the towel, and quit. Fortunately, for me that lasts less than two minutes. That's the power of perseverance and persistence!

**************
 
Linda Bozzo has published more than 50 nonfiction books for the school and library market. For more information about Linda and her books, you can visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment